Our Health and Safety Vision:
“Everyone will return home safe and well each day”
We believe that:
- No business objective will take priority over health and safety
- Whilst management have ultimate accountability, we all have responsibility for health and safety.
- All staff and contractors have the responsibility to stop any task they believe is unsafe or cannot be continued in a safe manner
- All staff should look out for their workmates, lend a hand and ensure the safety of each other.
To achieve this we will:
- Maintain and continually improve our Health and Safety Systems
- Proactively identify hazards and unsafe behaviours and take steps to manage these to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Consult and actively promote participation with employees and contractors to ensure they have the training, skills, knowledge and resources to maintain a healthy safe workplace.
- Accurately report and learn from our incidents.
- Support the safe and early return to work of injured employees.
- Operate and maintain our equipment so that they safeguard people and property.
- Require our contractors to demonstrate the same commitment to achieving excellence in health and safety performance.
- Comply with relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice and industry standards.